Dixie Carter Opening Segment
-Why not start with more D-Level acting from Dixie!
-Dixie announces an 8 man World Title Tournament to name a new Champion with AJ gone. Wait, where have I seen this idea play out before?
1. It’s been a LONG time since the World Heavyweight Championship was featured as a major championship on Raw and SmackDown. As a matter of fact, the last person I remember doing it was Triple H… It even looks like John Cena received a brand new belt to go along with his win over Alberto Del Rio at Hell In A Cell. It looks a little too shiny and the leather a little too stiff to be the one Del Rio was carrying. I have to say, it’s a nice career highlight for me to say the same day I had the privilege of interviewing “Mr. Money In The Bank” Damien Sandow, he cashes in his briefcase on John Cena. While he failed to win the championship, that might have been the best match of his career and I now completely understand why Sandow sounded so down when I was speaking with him Monday morning. The attack before the match made Sandow finally look like a vicious heel though and he convinced me that he could be a main eventer. Now if only his promos weren’t so gimmicky, I wouldn’t have any reservations in saying he could main event SmackDown. I do see him taking over the top spot that Del Rio currently holds as it seems the WWE has soured on the “Mexican aristocrat”, at least for the time being.
One night removed from Hell In A Cell, will Shawn Michaels explain why he delivered Sweet Chin Music to Daniel Bryan? John Cena starts the show as the new World Champ. How long until we get sick of his promo? And how will the WWE find a way to screw up Daniel Bryan’s heat tonight? Follow along to find out!
I Didn’t Miss These Starts To RAW
After a recap of last night’s events, John Cena came out to start the show. Cena said he was back and asked if everyone missed him. Cena said he has some skeptics that said he may have come back too early. He said he wanted to thank JBL, who said he was making a career mistake coming back too early. Cena did a terrible JBL impression and then said the new World Champ is here. Cena said he is back on RAW and on Smackdown as well. Cena said he’s ready to go. He then brought up Randy Orton’s celebration. He said a lot of people are going to talk tonight so he was going to stop. Cena told Del Rio if he wants a rematch to come get some.
Damien Sandow joined me to talk things Money In The Bank including:
– What his first appearance in a Money In The Bank ladder match was like.
– Who he believes is the greatest Money In The Bank winner, besides himself.
– What it like to unhook the briefcase & know he now has a championship contract.
And more! Listen to the interview in its entirety below and check out some clips from the upcoming Money In The Bank Anthology DVD that will be released tomorrow.
1. It was nice of R-Truth to wear the same suit that’s been featured in all of the Hell In A Cell promo packages and posters. And did anyone else notice that Dolph Ziggler seems to be towing the company line a little more than usual on the Kickoff panel? I know there were rumors that he had begun “living his gimmick” but it didn’t really feel like it was Ziggler up there.
2. Damien Sandow versus Kofi Kingston felt like “Superstars 101”. It was nice to see a Money In The Bank holder get a clean win for once though.
Randy Orton vs Alberto Del Rio
– I really had forgotten that Alberto Del Rio vs Randy Orton was taking place but I guess it’s as good as an opener as any.
– As much as Orton loves being a heel, they are definitely going to lose something on the babyface side. I haven’t seen a crowd yet that’s been against him since he became a face.
Hello everyone. I’m back this week to take a look at the latest news coming out of the pro wrestling world. Hopefully you guys can all settle for this instead of my five columns that I pulled out last week. I’m on vacation again two weeks, but don’t expect another five columns from me.
Was Triple H’s Promo All That Bad On RAW?
-There was a good amount of backlash regarding Triple H’s promo this past week on RAW. I must admit too that I was first baffled by it when I heard it live. It just seemed like a complete burial. But re-watching the promo it wasn’t as bad as it sounded. He called guys like Chris Jericho, Edge and Rob Van Dam top guys and said they were all very good, but never called them THE guy. And is that statement really false? Edge was never considered the top guy in the company, and the same can be said about Jericho. And RVD was never close to being the top guy. I think HHH could have done without the “we’d all be working for Ted Turner” line, but the promo wasn’t that bad.
Sheamus vs Christian
– Still hate the “Great White Sheamus” nickname.
– That was done well, a nice spin on the nWo invasion. Although the crowd was cheering them which I’m not sure was the intention.
– Thought they were going to have Sheamus dominate tonight to set him up for Henry.
The Longest Opening Segment Ever
-So glad that we get to start with Dixie Carter‘s D-Level acting!
-And the crowd chants “We Want Hogan!” at Dixie. Shouldn’t you be chanting for the new World Champ? Do you idiot fans really want a guy who could single handedly be the death of TNA back?
Matt Harrak, Justin Czerwonka and Cam Dougharty are back & playing “catch up”. After being on hiatus, there was a lot to cover in 90 minutes. From the state of TNA, to the WWE main event picture and finally their predictions for this Sunday’s Hell In A Cell PPV, the HTC crew ranted, jabbed and got back into podcasting form with this week’s show!