1. So apparently my recent “Random Thoughts” columns haven’t gone over so well with some readers. Mostly I think people didn’t realize that those columns were basically quick, “Twitter-esque” comments compiled together into one article. Either way I decided to keep those same Twitter comments on my Twitter account @MattHarrak during Raw & PPVs while also trying to give the readers another type of “Thoughts” column.
2. I love how Raw is starting out. From featuring each member of The Shield to Ziggler versus Axel and Fandango challenging Big E Langston for the Intercontinental Championship. Despite the announcement of another John Cena/Randy Orton match at the Royal Rumble, tonight seems like a perfect opportunity for the younger guys on the roster to shine during the last Raw of 2013. Even more established stars like CM Punk & Daniel Bryan are in segments featuring the future of the WWE; The Shield & The Wyatt Family.
3. Of course I say all of this and then the main event for the (arguably) second biggest PPV of the year, the Royal Rumble, is John Cena versus Randy Orton for the WWE World Heavyweight Championship. But hey, it’s a new year (soon) and I’m choosing to look at the silver lining here – John Cena and Randy Orton will probably not be in the Rumble match itself.
4. It may not be Xavier Woods in the match but I think that this week’s Wallpaper of the Week fits:
5. Brock Lesnar and Batista both possibly entering the Royal Rumble? It seems like a long shot now that Lesnar will be in the Rumble match after that segment but it would be nice to see the day when the WWE didn’t have to call in “special attractions” like Brock Lesnar and Batista to make WrestleMania season feel special. After that segment, I wouldn’t be surprised to see “The Animal” Batista vs “The Beast” Brock Lesnar at the Rumble.
6. Aksana pinned Nikki Bella? More interestingly, Nikki Bella jobbed to Aksana. Probably most importantly, Aksana still exists? I mean, she debuted during Goldust’s last run with the WWE!
7. WWE.com announced CM Punk vs Roman Reigns for next week’s Old School Raw. The Shield’s slow burn and CM Punk as the catalyst appears to be working perfectly. Why do I think Reigns will be the only member of The Shield to pin Punk…
8. WWE loves putting Daniel Bryan in these gauntlet matches. Remember The Real Americans & Ryback that gave us the fantastic match of Antonio Cesaro versus Bryan? Somehow I don’t think we’ll get the quality that Cesaro/Bryan provided but Luke Harper and Bryan should have good chemistry and hopefully we get a taste of Wyatt & Bryan’s chemistry.
9. Soooooo that’s how we end the last Raw of 2013? Where was Brie Bella to protest any of this? Isn’t it going to put a strain on their engagement when he asks her to move in with him & The Family at the local derelict building? Maybe this is a long round about way to get Bryan to turn on The Family and be able shave his beard/cut his hair before their wedding. Whatever the reasoning may be, it didn’t really translate to WWE TV which is too bad since the show was pretty good with minimal lows.