11 Thoughts: WWE Raw 2.10.14 (The Shield, The Wyatt Family, Daniel Bryan, Randy Orton, John Cena)
1. Full disclosure – My weekend (Sunday/Monday) has been rough and now I get to look forward to a whole new week of work. I refuse to accept this and therefore & am having a small “party” here watching Raw.
2. Sooooo Randy Orton WANTS to do the media rounds and be on shows like Kelly & Michael? I think Randy needs to watch his own DVD where he said doing PR was the worst part of the job.
3. Wow the Staples Center truly did explode for Daniel Bryan. It looks like WWE’s plan of diverting the audience’s attention from CM Punk to the guy who’s actually THERE (Daniel Bryan) might actually working. The next step is to insert him into a triple threat championship match at WrestleMania.
4. Another strong six-man tag team match between The Wyatts and The Brotherhood & Rey Mysterio. Who would have thought that Goldust would be the least injury prone guy on his team?! Anyway, it was still Rey Mysterio to take one of the sickest moves I’ve seen in a while in the running Sister Abigail. God, it’s amazing how fast Bray Wyatt is.
5. As much as I love the New Age Outlaws, it probably was a good idea for Billy Gunn to adopt a headband to protect his receding hairline.
7. I’m guessing it’s a pretty safe bet that Antonio Cesaro steals the show at Elimination Chamber. Considering his unorthodox offense, the fact that he’s never been in the Chamber and the reactions he’s been receiving from the live audiences lately, everything looks to be in place for Cesaro to become a household name on the 23rd.
8. Crowd POPS for Batista’s music! Crowd starts to boo when they remember he won the Royal Rumble. Crowd pops for the table spot! Ahh, LA.
9. Awesome choice putting Lita in the Hall Of Fame. Trish Stratus may have been the first of her kind to become credible in the ring, Lita broke the mold when it came to women’s wrestling in the WWE and being a “Diva”. So far a pretty good class for the 2014 Hall Of Fame.
10. That stand-off between the Wyatt Family was just another nudge toward Roman Reigns babyface turn. He was ready to give the crowd what they wanted whereas the other 5 men remained on the apron. I truly hope they don’t screw up Reigns’ turn.
11. I wonder how many people have already left to get ahead of LA traffic when they saw what the main event was. They keep saying that Randy Orton & John Cena debuted 10 years ago. Why the hell would you want to tell your audience how stale your top stars are? Ugh, I’m out.