1. I guess it’s fitting that the “new era” of the WWE launches with 1980s “Real American”. You have to give it to Hulk Hogan though, the man definitely have timing.
2. Because Batista versus was so good at Elimination Chamber that I just needed to see it again on Raw. It’s pretty funny how negatively the WWE fans have reacted to Batista return (I mean, “Boo-tista”? Seriously). He’s actually getting more boos than John Cena does nowadays. The difference is, Batista would LOVE to play a heel again whereas Cena will never be a bad guy.
3. Cesaro versus Big E just showed how good of a mid-card WWE has right now. They put on a great two segment length match that displayed the upsides of both guys and had the crowd into it all the way through. I had hoped they would showcase the IC and US titles more now that there’s only one World Champion and so far so good in my opinion.
4. A good opening segment to set up the Bray Wyatt/John Cena feud. Obviously Cena was going to insist on taking on all three guys on his own so the injury was a nice touch. It give Cena something ELSE to overcome (as if three guys wasn’t enough) but I did like how Cena put over the Wyatt Family before they were introduced, acknowledging them as a threat. It might not seem like much for the “internet fans” but John Cena fans will absolutely take that to heart.
5. And Sheamus versus Christian was the perfect example of what happens to those guys stuck between the main event and mid-card. It’s going to be a tough job to juggle.
6. I saw this on Instagram and just had to post this before the Daniel Bryan/Kane match:
7. OK match between Kane and Bryan but a more interesting promo from Daniel Bryan after the match. Two years ago, I sat in the arena during the CM Punk/AJ Lee/Daniel Bryan love triangle and Bryan was clearly the weakest talker out of the three. Now I’d put him up against anyone in the business and not only would he be able to hold his own, he’d more often than not come out on top.
8. Bray Wyatt versus Roman Reigns is truly surreal to see right now, especially without their respect groups with them. They put them near the top of the hour and are letting these two relative newbies (but VERY over) attract viewers who may be flipping channels based on their look, appeal, character and what they are able to do inside a wrestling ring.
9. Did I forget to mention that Roman Reigns is the subject of this week’s Wallpaper of the Week? Just click here: Roman Reigns – The Reign Will Soon Begin Wallpaper
10. I half wished that The Undertaker didn’t dye his beard for his return. I know he’s supposed to be “ageless” but The Undertaker has prided himself as a guy/character who can reinvent himself with the times. Why not let the fans in a little bit on how much older he’s getting? It’ll make his wins at WrestleMania that much more impressive. I’m not too thrilled with Brock/Taker at WrestleMania but I can’t really complain about a match that’s been pretty much etched in stone since last year’s Mania.